The Bambino Biking Manchester Family Cycling Library is ideal if you want to try family cycling equipment before you buy it or for a one off trip. If you purchase the same item you hired from us, you can get one weeks hire money of your purchase from the Bambino Biking Shop.
Book online and collect from the Manchester Bike hire shop.
Collection times 9am to 5.30 pm 7 days a week
Chris is in the shop on a Thursday usually but call before if you want to see him in case he is at an event.
Hire is for 7, 14 or 21 days.
We have the following equipment in the family cycling library at the moment:
Qibbel Front and rear seats
Yepp Maxi and Mini
Hamax Kiss Hamax Siesta
FollowMe Tandem x2
Croozer Kid 2
Croozer kid 1 Plus
Croozer kid 2 Plus
Thule Chariot Cougar 2
WeeRide Classic front Seat
Bobike Classic front Seat
Bobike One Mini front Seat
Bobike Excluive front Seat
Babboe City E
If you are not sure what you want to hire, come along to one of our trial and advice sessions first or the Manchester Bike hire shop on Monday 10am to 4pm & Thursdays 1pm to 4pm and we can help you figure out what will suit your family.
Hire Rates – Family Cycling Library
- Bike seat: £6 a week
- Trailers single: £40 a week
- FollowMe Tandem and child bike (14 or 20 inch wheel isla) £40 a week (less fitting required)
- FollowMe Tandem without child bike £25 a week (more fitting required)
- Burly Piccolo and Rack £40 a week
Hire rates don’t include fitting, but instructions are provided. The family cycling library prices are set as cheap as possible so that you can turn up at the shop or a mobile library session, pay, grab your item and go and have fun. If you want a demo come to a Trial and Advice sessions and we can show you how stuff works.
Fitting Cost – Family Cycling Library
Fitting takes a bit of time but can be done at the Manchester Bike Hire shop for an additional cost.
- Seats – we need the adult bike £10
- Trailer hitch fit- we need the adult bike £6
- Burley Piccolo Rack Fitting – we need the adult bike and it needs rack mounts (v-brakes only) £10
- FollowMe Tandem with our bike – we need the adult bike for this £10
- FollowMe Tandem with your bikes – we need both the adult and child bike for this £30
We need 12 hours notice on a booking to move equipment to the right place. A deposit is needed when booking, this is taken by card imprint and only used in the event of theft or damage.
Collection and returns from:
Manchester Bike Hire
198 – 200 Chapel St, Manchester, Salford M3 6BY
0161 769 5050
Please not Chris is not always based at the Manchester Bike Hire shop so is not guaranteed to be there when you collect your item. The staff in the shop are friendly though and will help you.
Parking can be found behind the Manchester Bike hire shop on Browning or E Market St. Parking is on street. Please check you are not parked in the permit car park or the badly marked disabled bay on E Market St. You don’t want a ticket!
We plan to have more locations for hire soon!
Discounts for hired items
- Offer excludes seats
- Trailers one week hire – £40
- FollowMe Tandem and Tag along 5%
- Bikes – vary according to brand and model